10 Delicious Foods for Healthy Skin
We all want healthy, youthful, glowing skin. The best way to get this is to treat our body to the proper nutrient-dense foods that help support soft, supple skin! While, a well-rounded diet is the key to health, consuming the following ten foods and beverages more often can increase the health and elasticity of your skin.
- Salmon has one of the richest concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids. These acids help reduce inflammation in the body and the skin. Salmon can help improve and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, and can help decrease clogged pores caused by inflammation.
- Green tea is truly a powerhouse beverage. It helps flush out toxins from the skin, healing blemishes,
scars, and aiding in unclogging pores. Plus, it reduces
inflammation in the body. The vitamin K in green tea can help improve dark circles and puffiness around the eyes, helping you look more refreshed and alert.
- Another superfood, avocado is amazing for your skin. Avocados are rich in vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps prevent free radical damage and skin aging. Vitamin E can also reduce the harmful effects of UVA sun rays on your skin. With a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, avocado helps moisturize your skin from within.
- Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and lemons contain rich amounts of vitamin C. Vitamin C is incredible for the vitality of your skin. It helps keep it energized and looking refreshed. It helps your skin stay firm and supple by preventing sun damage.
- Cashews have high levels of zinc and vitamin E. These vitamins and minerals working together hydrate the skin from within, reduce inflammation, and can reduce the appearance of scars and aging. Zinc supports the immune system, which can help renew your skin cells more quickly.
- The orange shade of sweet potatoes means that they boast large amounts of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is found in vegetables with red, orange, and yellow pigments and is an antioxidant that the body converts to Vitamin A. It has protective qualities that help shield your skin from sun damage.
- Adding a handful of blueberries to your breakfast can improve the texture and appearance of your skin. With a generous amount of vitamin K and manganese, blueberries support healthy skin from within. With anti-oxidant properties, blueberries can help slow signs of aging by acting defensively against free radicals.
- Tomatoes contain a high amount of vitamin C, which benefits the appearance of the skin, helping it look energized, brighter, and younger. Tomatoes also help prevent excess oil secretion, which is great for keeping your skin clean and clear.
- Last, but definitely not least, water may be the most important part of skin health. Most people are unknowingly dehydrated. Consuming the proper amount water will keep your skin supple, soft, and moisturized. Be sure to drink eight glasses of water each day!
Along with these nutrient dense foods, apply all-natural BeeSpa for your softest, youngest looking skin. BeeSpa utilizes all-natural ingredients to improve the skin texture of your hands and feet. Have the skin you deserve for a more beautiful you.